- The 2019 Competition will be a Technical Challenge held at or near the National Wind Technology Center in Colorado in Spring 2019. This competition will focus on design and tunnel testing as well as siting and project development.
- Rules and Requirements for this competition are expected to be released in August, 2018.
- The 2018 Competition took place at Windpower 2018, Chicago, IL, May 7-10 – The team was awarded 2nd place overall!
- 2018 Rules & Requirements
- PSU Team Page on DOE Website
- The team is composed of a wide variety of majors including Engineers, Business, and any students interested in wind energy and entrepreneurship of new product development. As of January 2018, we had over 50 students involved in the competition activities across 17 majors!
- We have been engaged in several outreach activities:
- 2017 Rotor STEM day
- Tour for stEMPOWERed Girls program Fall 2017
- Tour for Environmental Science class from Mifflin County High School Jan 2018
- Volunteering to help with 2018 PA KidWind Challenge
Previous Years Competition
- 1st in 2014 Collegiate Wind Competition
- 3rd in 2015 Collegiate Wind Competition Technical Challenge
- 1st in 2016 Collegiate Wind Competition
- 1st in 2017 Collegiate Wind Competition Technical Challenge
- 2nd in 2018 Collegiate Wind Competition